Automated Wafer Cleaver (Loomis LSD-155LT)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Loomis LSD-155Lt is a production scribe and break system that can be used for processing large grids, arrays of laser bars, cleaving high quality mirror facets, and dicing wafers.
- Maximum Wafer Size: 4"
- Parts mounted to low tack tape and used in conjunction with 6" plastic rings.
- Automated cut maps at multiple angles (0° and 90° typical)
- ~few micron alignment to on-wafer features.
- Multiple scribe and cleave options including 'scribe and break', 'notch and cleave', and 'peck and cleave'.
- Users should try and follow the 3 to 1 ratio (distance between cleaves should be 3X the thickness of the substrate) although some material like InP and GaAs can occasionally be cleaved closer to 2 to 1.
- Recipes > Packaging > Wafer Cleaver Recipes (LSD-155LT)
- Wafer thinning is critical, see the Wafer Lapping (Allied XYZ) tool as well.